Friday 10 June 2016

Book Review #9


Murder and More


Reviewed By: Ms. Nita Samantaray



“Murder and More” is detective mystery and plotted in 1960s era. It was enjoyable getting to see a glimpse of the 60’s. The book is nicely illustrated with pictures from the period. Several characters are involved in a series of events that have them scrambling to Florida, Louisiana and back to Memphis, in search of the information – a book of names that were blackmailed for money to build a new hospital wing. Some show up dead, others are arrested and still Carson has not recovered what he is looking for. While attempting to meet up with the blackmailer, he runs into an old friend who is looking for the same person and information for another client. They continue their search together as a team to try to get to the blackmailer. After his partner joins them they set up a trap at a Hotells in Florida, hoping to trap the one who has the book. This proves to put his old friend in harm’s way as she is discovered by the blackmailer and is kidnapped and taken to an abandoned warehouse and held as ransom. Carson and his partner find their location and after a struggle are able to rescue their other constituent.

 You have to read the book to find out how it ends. I won’t give it right away. This was a great read and I enjoyed the suspense and chases. It is actually Book 14 in the Carson Reno Series, and I plan on reading the others also. This is the first Darnell’s book I've read and I Love it. I generally don’t read a lot of mystery, crime,  or detective novels, but I was pleased that I comfortably read it. "Author Gerald Darnell" included enough back story that it was easy to follow along. And I also liked that he included previous case files/book titles so you knew which books the characters came from. In a way the flow of the read goes well.

Overall, I think Author Gerald has done a good job. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes reading murder mysteries in general, but also to anyone who is looking for something a little different than mystery. I will be surely reading out more of Author Gerald's books in future.



You can get his book and reach him with one click below:


Facebook





1 comment:

  1. Great review. It seems to be a brilliantly exciting read. I hope it does well.

    ReplyDelete